August 13, 2012

Plastic Wrap Manicure ~ Blue and Yellow


Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven’t posted for a week but it has been hectic. My sister is seriously ill, has had 3 surgeriesin a row, and has been in the hospital for over a month. My focus has been with her but she is finally getting better. I will try to post more than once this week.
I really want to get better with nail art but I have to say it’s a challenge for me! Has anyone ever done a plastic wrap manicure? This one looked like one I could do so I gave it a try. If you don’t know, all you do is:
1.  Paint your nails with one color and let it dry.
2.  Then paint your nails with another color.
3.  Before it dries take a small 2 inch piece of plastic wrap that is bunched up and dab it all over the polish to make your design.
See:


I used Orly’s Shockwave and Glow Stick. It looks like tie dye. I think the next time I will dab it more to get a better tie dye look. Also the blue and yellow made the polish look green in spots. Have you tried the plastic wrap mani?

10 comments:

  1. I wish your sister a fast recovery!!! your nails look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like marble. I like it! I'll keep your sis in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I can do it next time it will be better!Thank you! You are so sweet!

      Delete
  3. i havent done this technique yet, but I want to try it!.. Wishing your sis a fast recovery and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to do it, your will bemuch better than mine because yu can do nail art and Im new at it. Thank you,you are so sweet!

      Delete
  4. I really like these together in a plastic wrap mani. Maybe the yellow would show more true if you used it as the base color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!I am new to nailart. I will take any help I can get from you :0)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, never tried this technique before. I think you did a great job! Looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete